[Massplanners] Stormwater Bylaws - Impervious Surfaces

Heidi Ricci hricci at massaudubon.org
Fri Aug 13 13:07:55 EDT 2021

Mass DEP recognizes that the arrays are impervious surfaces and large ground mounted projects are subject to the stormwater management standards.

https://www.mass.gov/guides/massdep-wetlands-program-policy-17-1-photovoltaic-system-solar-array-review

https://www.aswm.org/pdf_lib/member_webinar/wetlands_protection_act_and_section_401_permitting_process_mass_dep_100415.pdf

Local wetland or stormwater bylaws can have broader definitions and stricter standards than the state regs.

Heidi

E. Heidi Ricci
Director of Policy and Advocacy
Mass Audubon