[Massplanners] MBTA Communities - Weekly update 5-22-24

Kluchman, Chris (EOHLC) Chris.Kluchman at mass.gov
Wed May 22 16:08:33 EDT 2024

Good afternoon Massachusetts Planners, advocates and local officials.  Here is this week's update about local governments that are approving zoning intended to comply with the MBTA Communities law.  As of today, there are at least 67 such municipalities!!  Only 12 towns have seen zoning measures fail.  EOHLC has a "status table" on our website which is updated every Friday that tracks this information that you can access here<https://www.mass.gov/info-details/multi-family-zoning-requirement-for-mbta-communities#complying-with-section-3a-guidelines-> (scroll down a bit to find that table).

If your community should be on this list, please let us know at eohlc3A at mass.gov<mailto:eohlc3A at mass.gov>!
Municipalities that have approved zoning to comply with MBTA Communities law (bold font indicates new additions this week):

  1.  Abington
  2.  Acton
  3.  Andover
  4.  Arlington
  5.  Auburn
  6.  Bedford
  7.  Braintree
  8.  Bridgewater
  9.  Brookline
  10. Cambridge
  11. Canton
  12. Chelmsford
  13. Chelsea
  14. Concord
  15. Danvers
  16. Dedham
  17. Easton
  18. Essex
  19. Everett
  20. Grafton
  21. Harvard
  22. Haverhill
  23. Hingham
  24. Hull
  25. Lexington
  26. Lincoln
  27. Littleton
  28. Lowell
  29. Malden
  30. Maynard
  31. Medfield
  32. Medford
  33. Newbury
  34. Newton
  35. Norfolk
  36. North Andover
  37. Northborough
  38. Northbridge
  39. Norwood
  40. Pembroke
  41. Plymouth
  42. Quincy
  43. Revere
  44. Rockland
  45. Rockport
  46. Salem
  47. Salisbury
  48. Scituate
  49. Sharon
  50. Somerville
  51. Stoneham
  52. Stoughton
  53. Sudbury
  54. Taunton
  55. Topsfield
  56. Tyngsborough
  57. Walpole
  58. Wareham
  59. Wayland
  60. Wellesley
  61. West Boylston
  62. Westborough
  63. Westford
  64. Westwood
  65. Weymouth
  66. Whitman
  67. Winchester

Municipalities where zoning for MBTA Communities has not passed: (bold font indicates new additions this week):

  1.  Hanson
  2.  Hopkinton
  3.  Foxborough
  4.  Marblehead
  5.  Marshfield
  6.  Middleton
  7.  Milton
  8.  Norwell
  9.  Rowley
  10. Seekonk
  11. Tewksbury
  12. Wakefield

Chris Kluchman, FAICP (she/her)
Director, Livable Communities Division
Executive Office of Housing and Livable Communities (EOHLC), 100 Cambridge Street, Ste 300
Boston, MA  02114
chris.kluchman at mass.gov

Please note:  I will be on vacation and unavailable by email from 5/31/24 through 6/14/24.