[Massplanners] MBTA Communities Weekly update

Kluchman, Chris (EOHLC) Chris.Kluchman at mass.gov
Wed May 15 16:20:07 EDT 2024

Good afternoon Massachusetts Planners, advocates and local officials.  Here is this week's update about local governments that are approving zoning intended to comply with the MBTA Communities law.  As of today, there are at least 61 such municipalities.  Only 12 towns have seen zoning measures fail.  EOHLC has a "status table" on our website which is updated every Friday that tracks this information that you can access here<https://www.mass.gov/info-details/multi-family-zoning-requirement-for-mbta-communities#complying-with-section-3a-guidelines-> (scroll down a bit to find that table).

If your community should be on this list, please let us know at eohlc3A at mass.gov<mailto:eohlc3A at mass.gov>!
Municipalities that have approved zoning to comply with MBTA Communities law (bold font indicates new additions this week):

  1.  Abington
  2.  Acton
  3.  Andover
  4.  Arlington
  5.  Auburn
  6.  Bedford
  7.  Braintree
  8.  Bridgewater
  9.  Brookline
  10. Cambridge
  11. Canton
  12. Chelsea
  13. Chelmsford
  14. Concord
  15. Danvers
  16. Dedham
  17. Essex
  18. Everett
  19. Grafton
  20. Harvard
  21. Haverhill
  22. Hingham
  23. Hull
  24. Lexington
  25. Lincoln
  26. Littleton
  27. Lowell
  28. Malden
  29. Medfield
  30. Medford
  31. Newbury
  32. Newton
  33. North Andover
  34. Northborough
  35. Northbridge
  36. Norwood
  37. Pembroke
  38. Plymouth
  39. Quincy
  40. Revere
  41. Rockland
  42. Rockport
  43. Salem
  44. Scituate
  45. Sharon
  46. Somerville
  47. Stoneham
  48. Sudbury
  49. Taunton
  50. Topsfield
  51. Tyngsborough
  52. Walpole
  53. Wareham
  54. Wayland
  55. Wellesley
  56. Westborough
  57. Westford
  58. Westwood
  59. Weymouth
  60. Whitman
  61. Winchester

Municipalities where zoning for MBTA Communities has not passed: (bold font indicates new additions this week):

  1.  Hanson
  2.  Hopkinton
  3.  Foxborough
  4.  Marblehead
  5.  Marshfield
  6.  Middleton
  7.  Milton
  8.  Norwell
  9.  Rowley
  10. Seekonk
  11. Tewksbury
  12. Wakefield

Chris Kluchman, FAICP (she/her)
Director, Livable Communities Division
Executive Office of Housing and Livable Communities (EOHLC), 100 Cambridge Street, Ste 300
Boston, MA  02114
chris.kluchman at mass.gov

Please note:  I will be on vacation and unavailable by email from 5/31/24 through 6/14/24.