[Massplanners] Swansea Town Planner position opening

John Hansen Jr. jhansen at swanseama.gov
Thu Mar 7 08:20:10 EST 2024

Good morning all,

The Town of Swansea is hiring a Town Planner (see job desc below) as I will be moving into a new role as Community Development Director/Asst Town Administrator.  We have a lot of exciting projects and prospects here with many recently completed long-range plans, such as our Comp Plan, OSRP, HPP, and HMP along with a sewer design underway, which will open up our main commercial corridors to new development/redevelopment opportunities.  We have a reasonable Planning Board, who is thoughtful yet concise in their deliberations and depending on funding at the spring TM will have online permitting capabilities.

Since I will be staying with the Town, the transition for any new hire should be eased with the institutional knowledge staying in-house.  Please reach out to me with any questions you may have about the position if interested.

https://cms8.revize.com/revize/swanseama/2024%20Town%20Planner%20Job%20Description.pdf

John P. Hansen, Jr., AICP
Community Development Director
68 Stevens Road