[Massplanners] Family definition

janetmcgowan30 at comcast.net janetmcgowan30 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 1 09:38:17 EST 2024

Limiting the number of unrelated people living together—whatever the definition—hits differently in a college town where approximately 70% of residents are students. The goal here in Amherst is to keep neighborhoods from being overrun by student housing, so bylaw limits to 4 unrelated people.  Mixed results, partly due to lack of enforcement but mostly due to the higher rents students (or their families) can pay.