[Massplanners] mowing requirements

Carolyn Britt cjbritt at comcast.net
Wed Jul 3 17:18:16 EDT 2024

Love this conversation....

Our yard is an example of an unusually shaped lot that is large and
lends itself to "meadows". Oddly shaped yards can be tempting for
different management approaches. We have lawn around the house, large
veggie gardens, lots of landscaping, groundmount solar, and two meadow
areas. We mow the meadow areas once in the fall. They are host to
decorative grasses, lupines, daisies, and many, many, many daffodils in
the spring. People take photos. Is it a lot of management - no, but some.

Why can't people let part of their yard that was perhaps overcleared for
construction allow some of it to return to forest through an unmanaged
process. It would be of value to us all.

A good conversation for an "almost friday".

Carolyn Britt, AICP

1 Shagbark Woods

Ipswich, MA 01938

978-356-9881