[Massplanners] measuring lumens and enforcing outdoor lighting bylaw

bcolema at comcast.net bcolema at comcast.net
Mon Jan 8 14:28:07 EST 2024

Hardwick PB is revising bylaws including for outdoor lighting.  Thanks for past suggestions re Dark Sky and model bylaws.

But we are wondering if others have had to measure lumens to see if a bylaw has been violated.  If so what device was used?  Whose was it?  Our ZEO/building inspector seems unequipped or reluctant to do a test.  There have been formal complaints.   Thanks very much.  Bill Cole Hardwick PB, MA