[Massplanners] Ralph Willmer to deliver the 2024 Mass Distinguished Planner Lecture

Hollander, Justin Justin.Hollander at tufts.edu
Fri Feb 23 12:44:01 EST 2024

Save-the-Date: Massachusetts Distinguished Planner Lecture on April 4th

Dear Massachusetts Planners and Planning Students,

You are cordially invited to attend the 2nd Annual Massachusetts Distinguished Planner Annual Lecture on April 4, 2024 at 4PM at UMass Boston and jointly hosted by APA-MA and the Massachusetts Planning Schools (BU, Harvard, MIT, Northeastern, UMass/Boston, UMass/Amherst, and Tufts).

After a long career, most planners have a lot to say to the next generation and we have launched this Lecture to provide a forum for one planner in the state per year to reflect on their practice and speak openly and frankly about their experience in the profession.  All Massachusetts planners and planning students are invited to attend the Lecture and the speaker will deliver remarks that offer words-of-wisdom for emerging practitioners and reflections that even the most accomplished among us will be able to appreciate.

We have selected Ralph Willmer<https://www.planning.org/blog/9254648/ralph-willmer-named-aicp-ethics-officer/>, FAICP, to deliver this year's Massachusetts Distinguished Planner Lecture.  Ralph has a long and impressive record as a planner, most recently with the Metropolitan Area Planning Council.  In retirement, he has been volunteering for the American Institute of Certified Planners as the AICP Ethics Officer.

We want to see this Lecture become a permanent part of the Massachusetts Planning Community calendar, so we are seeking contributions from planners to help endow a fund that would provide financial resources to run this Lecture in perpetuity.  To help support this endowment fund, please make your tax-deductible contribution here: https://give.tufts.edu/campaigns/22193/donations/new?designation=MassDistinguishedPlannerLectureFund.

Sincerely,

Justin Hollander, FAICP

Professor, Tufts University

Ken Reardon

Professor, University of Massachusetts, Boston