[Massplanners] Job opening Director of Planning and Community Development

Ken Buckland ken.buckland at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 16:51:44 EST 2024

The Town of Wareham is hiring a new DIrector of Planning and Community
Development. [I am making room.] HR tells me I am making $132K, so I like
the Steelworkers Union who represent me. The job involves mostly
economic development; we have a few developers with very deep pockets, a
chap.121 Redevelopment Authority which you will sit on, and some fun
projects in the works: downtown URP, artists' shacks in Onset, a dam
removal, industrial park, historic industrial building reuse, hydropower
project, coastal walkway, dock and kayak launch, a bike path and
roundabout, affordable housing projects, etc. And the town is already MBTA
3A compliant. The management couldn't be better. We have a TA who likes to
see the humor in things, is a problem solver, and appreciates enthusiasm.
You will have 4-5 people to supervise. Check the job openings online.

Ken Buckland
Town of Wareham
508.291.3100x6501