[Massplanners] Fee in Lieu of Affordable Housing

Darlene Wynne dwynne at beverlyma.gov
Thu Apr 18 16:39:55 EDT 2024

Hi Kathleen,
Beverly calculates our fee with yet another method, you can find more info
here: https://ecode360.com/29286460. It is complex, to say the least. I
agree with the comments regarding understanding your priorities in setting
the fee high or low. In Beverly, we don't expect the fee to create, on its
own, a replacement affordable unit and we recognize in some cases, paying
the fee is reasonable. We appreciate having funds in our AHT and using them
to leverage the creation of units in other projects.

You can find the FY23 costs here
<https://ecode360.com/BE3208/laws/LF1856295.pdf> as an example. As I've
just discovered the FY24 link is broken. (Both FY23 and FY24 are still in
the online waiting room, aka "New Laws" for General Code to update)

Darlene Wynne, AICP

*City of Beverly*

*Director of Planning & Development*

*978-605-2341*

*dwynne at beverlyma.gov <dwynne at beverlyma.gov>*

*--*

*When responding, please be aware that the Massachusetts Secretary of State
has determined that most email is public record and therefore cannot be
kept confidential. *