[Massplanners] Growing Solar, Protecting Nature report now available

Heidi Ricci hricci at massaudubon.org
Mon Oct 23 14:15:25 EDT 2023

Hi MassPlanners - sharing this as the topic is of interest to many communities.

Growing Solar, Protecting Nature

A major report published by Mass Audubon and Harvard Forest - Growing Solar, Protecting Nature - is now available. Massachusetts needs a lot more solar energy to meet our climate goals. But the way we've been siting solar has come at too high a cost to nature thus far. This report shows that we have enough space on existing rooftops, parking lots, and already-developed lands to scale up solar without sacrificing the benefits provided by our natural and working lands. We don't need to choose between growing solar and protecting nature. To fight the climate crisis, our report shows that we must do both.
Learn more > <https://www.massaudubon.org/ma_user/our-work/publications-resources/growing-solar-protecting-nature>

Heidi

E. Heidi Ricci (she/her(s))
Director of Policy and Advocacy