[Massplanners] Municipal lease of historic properties

Parsons, Ethan (DCR) Ethan.Parsons at mass.gov
Tue Nov 7 14:22:15 EST 2023

Do you know of any MA municipalities that are leasing a historic property, or space within a historic property, and depositing the revenue into a revolving fund pursuant to MGL Chapter 40, Section 3, and using the fund to pay for the maintenance (or preservation) of the property? If so, would you kindly share some information and leads with me so I can learn more about how things are working. I’m especially interested in projects that have resulted in what a town or city deems historic preservation.

Thank you,

Ethan Parsons

Historic Curatorship Program Manager
Office of Cultural Resources
Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation
857-262-4015 (mobile)

State Transportation Building
10 Park Plaza, Suite 6620
Boston, MA 02116