[Massplanners] [**EXT**] Re: Holding Open Space

Eric Salerno esalerno at tyngsboroughma.gov
Thu Nov 2 11:33:18 EDT 2023

Hi Alison,
Our Conservation Director essentially echoed what Kristen said, but also
mentioned that locally, Dunstable has a long-standing trust that you could
get some pointers from (Tyngsborough's is in its very early stages but
doesn't have any stewards yet). Chelmsford's Land Conservation Trust
<https://www.clct.org/> works closely with COSS (Chelmsford Open Space
Stewardship <https://www.facebook.com/ChelmsfordOSS/>), which is an active
group that maintains many large and small areas around town, and could also
be helpful to look to for guidance.
-Eric

<http://tyngsboroughma.gov/>
Eric Salerno
Town Planner / Eco. Dev. Dir.
Town of Tyngsborough

978-743-5361  |  tyngsboroughma.gov

esalerno at tyngsboroughma.gov

25 Bryant Lane, Tyngsborough MA 01879
<http://facebook.com/tyngsboroughma>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/town-of-tyngsborough/>
<http://twitter.com/TyngsboroughMA>

In Massachusetts, the term “public record” is broadly defined to include
all documentary materials or data created or received by any officer or
employee of any governmental unit, regardless of physical form or
characteristics, unless it falls under one of the statutory exemptions to
the Public Records Law. G.L.c. 4, 7(26). Consequently, email is subject to
the disclosure, retention, and maintenance provisions as required by law.
G.L.c. 66