[Massplanners] PB - drafting conditions

Darlene Wynne dwynne at beverlyma.gov
Thu May 11 16:19:20 EDT 2023

Our process is very similar to Michelle's below.

The Board has also accepted a set of "standard conditions" that are almost
always included (e.g. rodent control, review required for modifications,
building consistent to the approved plan, stormwater management reporting,
etc.). These standard conditions are often putting into the decision things
we already expect the developer/proponent to do based on the Ordinance or
standard practice. Contractors / builders are not going back into the
ordinance or regulation to see what they are supposed to do.

We list all conditions within the decision letter itself and have found
that necessary so the record is clear and we can point to the list of
requirements at time of building / occupancy permit. Specifically, so they
cannot say "we didn't know."

Darlene Wynne, AICP

*City of Beverly*

*Director of Planning & Development*

*978-605-2341*

*dwynne at beverlyma.gov <dwynne at beverlyma.gov>*

*--*

*When responding, please be aware that the Massachusetts Secretary of State
has determined that most email is public record and therefore cannot be
kept confidential. *