[Massplanners] Filing Fees for Planning and ZBA Filings

Kristina Johnson kjohnson at townofhudson.org
Mon May 8 15:13:01 EDT 2023

Hello Friends and Colleagues,

Hudson is forging ahead with the implementation of the Open Gov online permitting software.  Question for you folks: how does your municipality  charge for the certified abutters list for Planning Board and ZBA filings? Do you 1) charge one flat filing fee that covers all administrative tasks, including the preparation of the certified abutters list; 2) charge a separate fee that is added into the total filing fee based on the number of abutters (which is what Hudson currently does) ; or 3) have the applicant pay the Assessors'  Department separately. We are trying to create some  administrative efficiencies with the implementation of the Open Gov software, and during this process,  we have discovered that some of our administrative practices do not comport with the intended purpose of the software, which is to keep applicants from having to come into Town Hall to pay filing fees.

Thanks in advance for any guidance/wisdom you can impart.

Appreciate it,

Kristina

Kristina Johnson, AICP
Director of Planning & Community Development
Town of Hudson,  MA
President, Mass. Association of Planning Directors
Tel: 978-562-2989
Cell:  857-939-3427
Email: kjohnson at townofhudson.org<mailto:kjohnson at townofhudson.org>