[Massplanners] Question about school-aged children multipliers

Mark Archambault marchambault at ayer.ma.us
Wed Mar 15 13:28:35 EDT 2023

Hello MassPlanners,

Many years ago, I prepared several community and fiscal impact studies that used multipliers for the average number of school-aged children (SAC) for various styles of housing.

I recall that for the town I was working in, that the SAC multiplier for single-family homes then was about .75, for duplexes it was about .60 and for multi-family residential was about .55, or something in that range.

I am looking for currently accepted multipliers for mixed-use developments with apartments above commercial space, to be exact.  I guess that would fall under multi-family greater than a duplex.

Any examples of numbers you may have recently used would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Mark Archambault, AICP

Ayer Town Planner
Town Hall, One Main Street