[Massplanners] 40B Safe Harbor

Katrina O'leary katrina.oleary at middletonma.gov
Wed Mar 1 08:24:03 EST 2023

Alison,
We just finished calculating our “GLAM.”  Unfortunately, we can’t get a final figure because you cannot ask the state to provide the Group Homes percentages until you have an active 40B filing before the town.  However, we have a good idea where the group homes are, and with the help of our GIS provider - CAI Technologies – we came up with a final percentage that was so far off from the 1.5% minimum needed for safe harbor that we can safely rule out having to do the GLAM calculations until we multiply the amount of our existing land covered by affordable housing by 10.

Katrina O'Leary, AICP
Middleton Town Planner
195 North Main Street     Middleton, MA   01949     PH: (978)777-8917
When responding, please be aware that the Massachusetts Secretary of State has determined that most email is public record and, therefore, cannot be kept confidential.