[Massplanners] Planning Book Recommendations

Mark Hamin mhamin at larp.umass.edu
Thu Jun 29 09:21:39 EDT 2023

dear katrina et al, my $.02 with regard to recent titles, fwiw...

https://www.routledge.com/Sacred-Civics-Building-Seven-Generation-Cities/Engle-Agyeman-Chung-Tiam-Fook/p/book/9781032059112 (Jayne Engle et al)
[https://images.routledge.com/common/jackets/crclarge/978103205/9781032059112.jpg]<https://www.routledge.com/Sacred-Civics-Building-Seven-Generation-Cities/Engle-Agyeman-Chung-Tiam-Fook/p/book/9781032059112>
Sacred Civics: Building Seven Generation Cities<https://www.routledge.com/Sacred-Civics-Building-Seven-Generation-Cities/Engle-Agyeman-Chung-Tiam-Fook/p/book/9781032059112>
Sacred Civics argues that societal transformation requires that spirituality and sacred values are essential to reimagining patterns of how we live, organize and govern ourselves, determine and distribute wealth, inhabit and design cities, and construct relationships with others and with nature. The book brings together transdisciplinary and global academics, professionals, and activists from a range of backgrounds to question assumptions that are fused deep into the code of how societies opera
www.routledge.com

https://newsociety.com/books/t/toward-sustainable-communities-fifth-edition (Mark Roseland et al)
[http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1042/8624/products/9780865719743_cover.jpg?v=1684865118&width=600]<https://newsociety.com/books/t/toward-sustainable-communities-fifth-edition>
Toward Sustainable Communities, Fifth Edition<https://newsociety.com/books/t/toward-sustainable-communities-fifth-edition>
Solutions for Citizens and Their Governments by Mark Roseland, Margaret Stout and Maria Spiliotopoulou Toward Sustainable Communities is the definitive guide to the what, the why, and most importantly, the how of creating vibrant, healthy, equitable, and prosperous places. This fully revised 5th edition introduces the
newsociety.com
all best wishes and kind regards, m

defend rights to sovereignty+autonomy+equality+democracy

Mark Hamin PhD
Senior Lecturer II in Regional Planning and Sustainable Community Development
Department of Landscape Architecture and Regional Planning
University of Massachusetts Amherst
mark.hamin at gmail.com<mailto:mark.hamin at gmail.com>
413 387-9760
[on leave Spring 2023]