[Massplanners] Prop 2.5 Override - Capital/Debt Exclusion Tips

Katrina O'leary katrina.oleary at middletonma.gov
Tue Jun 27 08:26:24 EDT 2023

Hi Mariah,
I recommend reading the Finance Committee Handbook: https://www.mma.org/members/finance-committees/finance-committee-handbook/

There is a chapter on “Borrowing.”

Also, see MGL Chapter 44, Sections 7,8, and 10 for purposes for which a town can borrow.

I am by no means a finance expert – I just took a class on Municipal Finance several years ago.  😊

Katrina O'Leary, AICP
Middleton Town Planner
195 North Main Street     Middleton, MA   01949     PH: (978)777-8917
When responding, please be aware that the Massachusetts Secretary of State has determined that most email is public record and, therefore, cannot be kept confidential.