[Massplanners] Process to supersede previously approved plans?

Corrin Meise-Munns cmeisemunns at longmeadow.org
Tue Jun 20 09:38:35 EDT 2023

Hello,

Do any of your communities have a process to cancel, void or supersede
previously approved plans (such as site design review)? We have had one
property come back three times over the course of this past year with two
amendments to a previously approved plan, and finally a totally new plan
for the same site because their original (and revised) plan(s) were
denied by other agencies for various reasons. Our Planning Board Clerk
pointed out that, technically, each approval stands for two years and is
concerned that there may one day be a similar situation where an applicant
could use a previously approved plan instead of (or in addition to) the
most recently approved plan, when the Board's intention was of course only
to permit the most recent version.

Thanks for any insights,

Corrin

--
*Corrin Meise-Munns* *(she/her)*
Assistant Town Manager / Director of Planning & Community Development