[Massplanners] Doodle alternative?

Christian Brandt christian.w.brandt.12 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 09:31:44 EDT 2023

I second when2meet as a doodle alternative, though it's a lot easier to end
up without a consensus so I wouldn't say it's a useful tool if you have
only a few possible meeting times to pick from.

I really like calend.ly for scheduling one-on-one meetings - it sounds like
you're trying to schedule a group meeting, which you can do on calend.ly
but you have to pay for a subscription.

The other tools out there are typically not free - calend.ly has the most
robust free version that I've encountered.

Christian Brandt, AICP
Urban Planner, City of Alexandria VA (formerly MAPC)

On Tue, Jul 11, 2023 at 9:24 AM John Fay Jr via MassPlanners <
massplanners at masscptc.org> wrote:

> when2meet.com is decent, and simple to use.
>
> *John Fay (He/Him) *
>
> *Senior Planner*
>
> City of Brockton
>
> Dept. of Planning and Economic Development
>
> 45 School Street
>
> Brockton, MA 02301
>
> O: 508-580-7113
>
> C: 781-807-0665
>
> jfay at cobma.us
>

> *When writing or responding, please remember that the Secretary of the
> Commonwealth of Massachusetts has determined that email is a public record.
> The information contained in this electronic communication is intended to
> be sent only to the stated recipient and may contain information that is
> CONFIDENTIAL, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure under the
> applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient
> or the intended recipient's agent, you are hereby notified that any
> dissemination, distribution or copying of the information is strictly
> prohibited.*
>

> On Tue, Jul 11, 2023 at 9:19 AM Tom Devine via MassPlanners <
> massplanners at masscptc.org> wrote:
>
>> Hello Planners,
>>

>> I’m interested to hear suggestions for alternatives to Doodle for
>> scheduling meetings. I’ve depended on it for years to schedule meetings,
>> but lately it seems to miss some responses. I don’t know if some
>> respondents are not clicking all the way through or there is some other
>> glitch.
>>

>> Thank you in advance for your suggestions.
>>

>> Best,
>>
>> Tom
>>

>> Tom Devine, AICP | Senior Planner
>>
>> City of Salem Department of Planning & Community Development
>>
>> 98 Washington St., 2nd Floor | Salem, MA 01970
>>
>> 978-619-5682 | tdevine at salem.com
>> <https://mail.salem.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=ff17803e708040dd947c435c604b284a&URL=mailto%3atdevine%40salem.com>
>>

>> --

*Christian Brandt*
*67 Willow Street, Somerville, MA 02144*
*christian.w.brandt.12 at gmail.com <christian.w.brandt.12 at gmail.com> *
*208.596.2895*