[Massplanners] [External] Re: continued remote meetings

Harry LaCortiglia hlacortiglia at comcast.net
Sat Feb 11 09:53:21 EST 2023

Hi All,

It would be very informative to hear from those groups.

However, I would ask the hivemind here if the continuation of Remote
Meetings is something that might_not_ need Legislative action?

I recall that before the pandemic emergency legislation came into play,
940 CMR 29.10
<https://casetext.com/regulation/code-of-massachusetts-regulations/department-940-cmr-office-of-the-attorney-general/title-940-cmr-2900-open-meetings/section-2910-remote-participation>
made provision, under the Open Meeting Law Regulations, to provide for
Remote Participation.

Although quite limited in scope and not very widely used at the time due
to its limitations.I believe it required the physical presence of a
quorum of the boardand only allowed for Board and Committee Members to
participate remotely, not the members of the public or outside consultants.

Couldn't the AG revise the regulations to be more in line with what so
many communities are accustomed to, and now technologically capable of
doing?

Maybe just a Regulations update would do the trick?

H. LaCortiglia
Georgetown P.B.