[Massplanners] Watertown - Planning Job Opportunities

George Proakis george at fenmore.com
Thu Dec 21 09:26:07 EST 2023

Hi Planners,

Happy Thursday and Happy Holidays!

Watertown has a great planning team that is doing interesting and exciting work as our inner-core city becomes more walkable, equitable and sustainable.  The city has a newly updated comprehensive plan, award winning design guidelines, a very ambitious climate action plan, and a new affordable housing trust. The city has recently kicked off an effort to complete an area plan for Watertown Square that will address the MBTA Communities requirements for new housing growth as well as the integrated need for better multi-modal transportation links and more walkable amenities.

Our staff has been small but mighty over the past few years, and I’ve been determined to grow the team to make sure the size of the staff can meet the expectations of this very active community.

We are adding a new senior planner to this team to work on economic development.  This position will focus on our small businesses, commercial corridors and emerging industry clusters.

Job description is here:  https://content.civicplus.com/api/assets/4f12997f-4771-4134-871c-05e5b37bdd57

The current salary range for this job is $66,041 to $81,224 annually, commensurate with experience, plus excellent benefits, but the City is in the process of implementing a new compensation schedule, so the salary is slated to increase should the employee union approve this new system. So don’t let the salary scale stop you from applying - we can discuss this more if you are interested.

Please join us - follow the links for info on how to apply.  And, feel free to reach out if you have questions.

Thanks,
George Proakis, AICP
Watertown’s City Manager