[Massplanners] Design Guidelines and Transformers

Stephen Cary scary at somervillema.gov
Wed Dec 13 10:49:24 EST 2023

Good morning planfolks,

Have any communities drafted design guidelines relative to transformers along building frontage? We would like to balance aesthetic considerations and impacts on the pedestrian realm and storefront activation against the reality that achieving our goals for electrification and decarbonization is going to require a significant increase in transformers citywide in the coming years, both on private property and within public ROWs.

Any leads you might have would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01DA2DA2.C7A0B180]
Stephen Cary
Planner | Planning, Preservation, & Zoning
Office of Strategic Planning & Community Development
City of Somerville
93 Highland Avenue | Somerville, MA 02143

Email: scary at somervillema.gov<mailto:scary at somervillema.gov>
Phone: (617) 625-6600 x2558*

*Please be advised that Staff has limited access to work phones. The best way to reach me is via email.

City of Somerville Public Records Notice

Please be advised that the Massachusetts Attorney General has determined that email is a public record unless the content of the email falls within one of the stated exemptions under the Massachusetts Public Records Laws.

Disclaimer