[Massplanners] A poo problem

ruralplanningassociates at crocker.com ruralplanningassociates at crocker.com
Tue Sep 27 12:45:15 EDT 2022

Planners:

Would it make a lick of sense to set up a system whereby the target users of
a public bathroom/washhouse maintained the facility in their own interest
with some users awarded a stipend to monitor and clean. The town could
provide the necessary supplies. Hook and line instead of just the fish.

Jeff Lacy

Rural Planning Associates

(413) 230-9693

From: MassPlanners <massplanners-bounces at masscptc.org> On Behalf Of Jeffrey
Robert Levine via MassPlanners
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2022 9:11 AM
To: Ezra Haber Glenn <eglenn at mit.edu>; rmay at cobma.us; Listserv
(massplanners at masscptc.org) <massplanners at masscptc.org>
Subject: Re: [Massplanners] A poo problem

Would also put in a plug for a different "Portland" loo- Portland, ME has
installed several public restrooms using ARPA funds. These are not fancy,
basically port-a-potties with walls and a concrete floor (can't be tipped
over.) But they work and I understand they are a lot cheaper than the
Portland Loos. I'm sure Dina in the City Manager's office would be happy to
share the details:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mn3lyy6asypl8pa/Downtown%20Restroom%20Presentation
%205.4.2022.pdf?dl=0

Jeff Levine, AICP (he/him)

Lecturer in Housing, Community & Economic Development

Department of Urban Studies & Planning

Room 9-511

 <mailto:jrlevine at mit.edu> jrlevine at mit.edu

Personal Zoom Room:  <https://mit.zoom.us/my/jeff.levine>