[Massplanners] AN EASY ONE

Eric Rumsey erumsey at southbridgemass.org
Tue Oct 25 15:53:02 EDT 2022

I would say that if the person removed the dwelling, and it was not destroyed by natural disaster, then no they could not rebuild without securing a variance or potentially a special permit depending on how your bylaws are written.  I would not say that the lot is now conforming if it does not comply with the requirements of the zoning bylaw, however.

Eric Rumsey
Town Planner & Conservation Agent
Economic Development and Planning Department
Town of Southbridge
41 Elm Street | Southbridge, MA 01550
p: 508.764.5402