[Massplanners] Elected ZBA's

Katrina O'leary katrina.oleary at middletonma.gov
Tue Oct 25 14:13:45 EDT 2022

Hello.
I'm trying to find out how many Zoning Board of Appeals are elected in Massachusetts.  We have had a citizen request to our Charter Review Committee to change the Middleton ZBA to an elected board.  Section 12 of MGL c. 40A does allow this possibility, but I'm wondering how many municipalities actually make this change.

Thanks.

Katrina O'Leary, AICP
Middleton Town Planner
195 North Main Street     Middleton, MA   01949     PH: (978)777-8917
When responding, please be aware that the Massachusetts Secretary of State has determined that most email is public record and, therefore, cannot be kept confidential.