[Massplanners] Demolition Delay Bylaw Opinion Inquiry

Harry LaCortiglia hlacortiglia at comcast.net
Fri Nov 4 08:35:43 EDT 2022

Communities that have adopted M.G.L. Ch. 44B can use Community
Preservation Act funds to preserve Historic Structures.

The funds can be used not only for publicly owned structures, but for
privately owned Historic Resources, (and their adaptive re-use) as well.

All the more reason to have longer Delay periods, since the time it
takes to apply for and be granted CPA funding from the community, can vary.

So, perhaps the best approach is both Carrot and Stick.

H. LaCortiglia
Georgetown