[Massplanners] EV Charging

Michael Zehner michael.zehner at bgllc.net
Wed May 4 10:39:11 EDT 2022

A thought that may or may not be helpful, my prior employer - the Town of Nags Head, NC - was able to work with Master's students from Duke University to develop an EV Action Plan for the Town as a proactive roadmap to plan for the increasing need for EV charging infrastructure. You can find some resources, including the draft plan at the following links: https://nagsheadnc.gov/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Item/4036?fileID=6313 and https://dukespace.lib.duke.edu/dspace/handle/10161/24908 and https://nicholas.duke.edu/news/masters-project-develops-electric-vehicle-action-plan-outer-banks-town I also have a PowerPoint that I'd be happy to share. A little cart before the horse, but the Town's zoning regulations for chargers were updated and refined before this Plan was developed, but I do think the Plan confirmed that those regulations were appropriately supportive .

Best,
Michael

Michael Zehner, AICP, ENV SP
Environmental Programs Director