[Massplanners] Ghost Kitchens/Cloud Kitchens

Pollack, Travis TPollack at mapc.org
Fri Mar 25 17:48:30 EDT 2022

Good afternoon,

Anyone know of municipalities that have or are considering specific zoning or other regulations of dark stores (smaller stores that stock items for delivery but are not open to the public, sometimes called micro-fulfillment centers or neighborhood fulfillment centers) or ghost kitchens (commercial facilities that house multiple restaurant operators who prepare food for takeout or delivery exclusively to fulfill online orders; sometimes called cloud kitchens, dark kitchens, or virtual food halls)?  We know Newton has been exploring this, but wondering if others are as well.

(And thanks everyone for examples of ghost kitchens in Greater Boston in response to our question earlier this month. Looking to expand our research.)

Thanks.

Travis Pollack, AICP - Senior Transportation Planner
Metropolitan Area Planning Council
617-933-0793
tpollack at mapc.org<mailto:tpollack at mapc.org>
www.mapc.org
Pronouns: he, him, his

Get involved in GreaterBoston's next Regional Plan!
MetroCommon.mapc.org

Please be advised that the Massachusetts Secretary of State considers e-mail to be a public record, and therefore subject to the Massachusetts Public Records Law, M.G.L. c. 66 ? 10.