[Massplanners] Legal Advertisements for Planning Board and ZBA Hearings

John Charbonneau jcharbonneau at stoughton-ma.gov
Thu Mar 24 08:38:06 EDT 2022

Everyone,

I don't think going to online legal ads would derogate from the law.  Even
with print newspapers, people can't get the papers unless they pay for them
through delivery or at a store.  So I don't see how online newspapers are
any different.  Our conservation commission recently had a legal ad cost
them $1,400 to be published twice.  That is outrageous.  The law needs to
catch up to what is happening and allow publication in online newspapers to
satisfy the legal requirements.

John

*John M. Charbonneau*
Town Planner