[Massplanners] ARPA Funding & Staffing

Train, Alexander atrain at chelseama.gov
Wed Mar 23 18:25:12 EDT 2022

Hi planfolx,

We're nearing the end of our community engagement process to craft an ARPA
spending plan. Upon publication, the plan will include two to three
priorities in six focal areas, ranging from housing to open space, and
proposed funding levels. We plan on distilling these priorities into
projects, initiatives, and campaigns.

Countless municipalities are currently hiring for ARPA-funded roles - ARPA
directors, planners, program managers etc. Would any communities be willing
to share their staffing plans for implementing ARPA funded projects and
administering the grant? Understanding the types of positions communities
are relying upon, or envisioning, would be helpful as we're planning. Thank
you!

Best,
Alex

--

Alexander Train, AICP | Director | he/him/his

Department of Housing and Community Development

500 Broadway, Room 101

Chelsea, MA 02150

Office: 617.466.4192 Cell: 857.234.3791

atrain at chelseama.gov