[Massplanners] Juneteenth Follow Up

Furtado, Jacqueline (SEA) jacqueline.furtado at state.ma.us
Wed Mar 23 09:28:10 EDT 2022

I know your question is based on adoption of legislation at the local level, but I want to share that Juneteenth has been officially recognized as a state holiday as of June 2021. Perhaps you can include information from the following article as part of the discussion:

https://www.masslive.com/politics/2021/06/massachusetts-set-to-recognized-juneteenth-as-official-state-holiday.html

Regards,
Jacquie

Jacqueline Furtado, AICP
Senior Program Manager, MassWorks Infrastructure Program
Executive Office of Housing & Economic Development
One Ashburton Place, Suite 2101 | Boston, MA 02108
O: (617) 788-3649 | C: (617) 894-7755 | Email: jacqueline.furtado at mass.gov<mailto:jacqueline.furtado at mass.gov>