[Massplanners] Boston's West End

Nicholas Russo NRusso at berkshireplanning.org
Fri Mar 11 11:52:33 EST 2022

Hi everyone, for this Friday morning I wanted to share a striking view of the changes to Boston's West End<https://www.segregationbydesign.com/boston/the-west-end> in the mid-century. I'm sure a lot of us are familiar with the story, but I had never seen the before-and-after from this view before - and colorized as well. Be sure to look at the other Boston topics at the bottom of the page, too.

The historian/blogger going by Segregation by Design is doing great work visualizing the redlining in American cities - before, during, and after urban renewal. Check them out if you get a chance. The current series on Boston is still ongoing.

Enjoy the weekend,
Nick

[cid:image002.png at 01D8353E.A9172360]
Nicholas Russo, Senior Transportation Planner
1 Fenn St., Suite 201 | Pittsfield, MA 01201
O: 413.442.1521 x19
nrusso at berkshireplanning.org<mailto:nrusso at berkshireplanning.org>
www.berkshireplanning.org<http://www.berkshireplanning.org>