[Massplanners] Alternate Planning Board Members - guidance on responsibilities

Paul Dell'Aquila psdplans at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 11:09:40 EDT 2022

 Happy Monday, MassPlanners -
The Planning Boards in both of the towns I work for have long-standing
alternate members, however there is no specific verbiage in any town
documents about their roles and responsibilities.
This is relevant because some full board members believe that Alternates
can't vote on subdivisions or special permits, and we might have some
upcoming quorum issues. Do any communities have guidance on the role and
responsibilities of a Planning Board Alternate?
Thanks,
Paul Dell'Aquila
Boylston/Upton Town Planner