[Massplanners] Tree Protection & Nat. Resource Protection Bylaws

Town Administration Administration at westhamptonma.org
Fri Jul 1 11:48:11 EDT 2022

So, I was thinking about the angst that a lot of us have been feeling about the inability to regulate (or deny) utility-scale solar in rural or wooded areas.

The whole 40A sec. 3 exemption not withstanding, how about an alternative approach to, instead, draft a conservation bylaw?  perhaps one that prohibits large-scale cutting of old-growth forest of more than (say) two acres without an approved plan for regrowth and replacement on the same land?

Respectfully,

- Doug.
Douglas Finn, Administrative Assistant
Town of Westhampton