[Massplanners] Agricultural Commission Staffing and Best Practices Study Questions

Tyler Godin tgodin at mrpc.org
Mon Jan 31 08:40:06 EST 2022

Hello everyone, my name is Tyler Godin. I am a regional planner at the Montachusett Regional Planning Commission (MRPC) and the MRPC is currently working on a Staffing and Best Practices Study for the Town of Harvard's Agricultural Advisory Commission. One of the major issues the Harvard AgCom is facing is finding personnel or other forms of staffing or volunteer assistance to help accomplish their ambitious goals. They are eager to learn how other AgComs find personnel or help. They're also interested in grants/funding sources that can support their AgCom and agricultural community, regionalization opportunities and any best practices for AgComs.

If anyone has any information on the following please let me know

  *   AgCom volunteer/staff recruitment
  *   Funding/grants to support AgCom staff. This can be state, federal, or private/non-profit.
  *   Regionalization opportunities
  *   Seed funding for agricultural organizations
  *   Best practices for AgComs

Please feel free to forward this to anyone else who may not be on this listserv that you think could help in some way.

Thank you

Tyler Godin, Regional Planner
Montachusett Regional Planning Commission (MRPC)
464 Abbott Avenue
Leominster, MA 01453
Phone: 978.855.0647
Fax: 978.348.2490<tel:+19783482490>
Email: tgodin at mrpc.org<mailto:tgodin at mrpc.org>

Please be advised that the Massachusetts Secretary of State considers e-mail to be a public record, and therefore subject to the Massachusetts Public Records Law, M.G.L. c. 66 § 10.