[Massplanners] New MACRIS Database from the Massachusetts Historical Commission

Doherty, Jennifer (SEC) jennifer.doherty2 at state.ma.us
Thu Jan 27 18:56:05 EST 2022

Hello all,
Earlier this week the Massachusetts Historical Commission made public our updated version of MACRIS<https://mhc-macris.net/>. The Massachusetts Cultural Resource Information System (MACRIS) is a database where we make public all of our inventory forms, National Register of Historic Places nominations, and other documentation on historic resources throughout the state. The web address is the same but you may need to clear your cache to access the new site. You will also have to click through the terms and disclaimers page.

If you were familiar with the old MACRIS, you know it was not the most user-friendly site. The new MACRIS is very similar to any e-commerce site. You'll find filters on the left hand side that you can apply, and the search results will automatically populate as you select or deselect a filter. Much of the rest of the site is the same; you can click on an MHC ID for more information, and you can download the inventory forms and National Register nominations, if available, on the right side of the screen.

If you find any bugs as you navigate the site, pleases let us know by sending an email to our main email address, MHC at sec.state.ma.us<mailto:MHC at sec.state.ma.us>.

Thank you,
Jenn

Jennifer B. Doherty