[Massplanners] Tear Down Fee for Units replaced with Larger Homes

Alyxandra Sabatino ASabatino at chatham-ma.gov
Thu Jan 6 12:46:26 EST 2022

Hi all,

The Town of Chatham is considering establishing a Tear Down Fee on permitting that involves the demolition of units when they are replaced with much larger homes. The monies acquired through this fee could either be allocated for housing purposes or historic preservation purposes. If any other Towns have established such a fee, I am hoping that you could share any information that you have with me.

Thanks!
Aly

Aly Sabatino
Principal Planner
Town of Chatham
Community Development Department
261 George Ryder Road
Chatham, MA   02633
Phone:   508-945-5168
[cid:image001.gif at 01D802FA.B83C9FD0]
Kindly remember that the Secretary of State has deemed most email a public record.