[Massplanners] Glamping question

Dwight Merriam dwightmerriam at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 12:15:28 EST 2022

Paul,

There's a lot more experience in the West (more favorable climate).  Many
years ago I stayed at a fabulous waterfront platform tent facility at
Molokai'i Ranch, now closed.

These links may be helpful to you:
https://ucanr.edu/sites/CESonomaAgOmbuds/Agricultural_Farm_Stay/Glamping_on_the_Farm/
https://media.rainpos.com/596/glamping_ordinance.pdf
https://codelibrary.amlegal.com/codes/garfieldcout/latest/garfieldco_ut/0-0-0-1408
(the County planning director doesn't know of any other than the County
and  Tropic Town)
https://www.mariposacounty.org/DocumentCenter/View/32929/PC-Resolution-No-2006-035?bidId=

You may wish to have the operators have rules and regulations (hopefully
better than these...):
https://mdglamping.com/common-areas/rules-and-regulations/
https://valleycenterglamping.com/camp-rules.php

Molokai'i tentalows...now gone, sad...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/lifestyle/travel/2004/02/15/at-molokai-ranch-an-in-tents-situation/d4d45269-ce95-4e75-b431-9869798a8e0d/

https://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/08/us/08land.html

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/kaupoa-molokai_n_4504859

photos here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=molokai+tentalows&rlz=1C1CHZN_enUS924US924&sxsrf=AOaemvLgtr62N4tAW7OY6ebIuZlPGbCznw:1641486674269&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjc3P2wxp31AhV5jIkEHdpVBUwQ_AUoAnoECAIQBA&biw=1222&bih=521&dpr=2.1

Regards,
Dwight

Dwight Merriam, FAICP