[Massplanners] Rejection of Bylaw Amendment by Select Board?

Andrew Groff agroff at williamstownma.gov
Fri Feb 18 09:06:35 EST 2022

Happy Friday MassPlanners Community!

This is an odd question that has come up in debate in Williamstown and I
believe the answer to be no, but thought I would float this out there to
folks and see if it's ever happened before. We all know that MGL 40A has a
list of groups who may propose ZBL Amendments to the Selectboard (in a
Town). Has anyone ever heard of a Select Board in Massachusetts either
refusing to accept said amendment proposal or refusing to forward it to the
Planning Board for Public Hearing? I don't believe the law allows for this
but, curious nonetheless.

Thanks and Happy long Weekend to All,
Andrew Groff

--