[Massplanners] Cannabis and Marijuana lessons learned

McGregor George gmcgregor at simsbury-ct.gov
Mon Dec 19 11:15:48 EST 2022

I am the Planning Director in Simsbury CT.

We are considering new Cannabis regulations and  I am researching (at the request of our Commission) whether or there any published "best practices" or "lessons learned"  in Massachusetts.

What I am really looking for is some professional testimony reflecting on land use issues (traffic, safety, security, noise, smell, etc...).

Any increased criminality of Police calls?

And if there are complaints, concerns, what has been the nature of them?

Essentially: what is happening in the communities they have located in?

Thanks in advance,

George

George K. McGregor, AICP
Planning & Community Development Director
Town of Simsbury
933 Hopmeadow Street
Simsbury, CT 06070
P(860) 658 3252