[Massplanners] unit threshold for inclusionary zoning

Robert Hartt rwhartt at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 08:19:35 EST 2022

Greetings -

I am the Planning Board chairperson in New Marlborough.  Our Select Board
has asked our Planning Board for guidance in defining short-term rentals
for the purpose of proposing a lodging tax that would be voted on by the
community at the next Annual Meeting.  The Planning Board is also
considering whether short-term rentals should be subject to some reasonable
fire/life/safety bylaws consistent with other lodging uses (e.g. motels,
B&B's) which we do not currently have.

I am reaching out to see if other communities have adopted similar
regulations so we can evaluate what might be appropriate for our
community.  Any information that could be passed along (bylaw language
regarding short-term rental definitions, taxation policy, fire/life/safety
regulation, etc.) would be greatly appreciated.

Bob Hartt
Chairperson,
New Marlborough Planning Board

Robert W. Hartt