[Massplanners] Building Heights in Zoning Bylaw Assessment Consultant

Andrew Vorce AVorce at nantucket-ma.gov
Mon Dec 5 18:12:46 EST 2022

________________________________
From: MassPlanners <massplanners-bounces at masscptc.org> on behalf of Anne Capra via MassPlanners <massplanners at masscptc.org>
Sent: Monday, December 5, 2022 3:41:24 PM
To: Massplanners Listserv (MassPlanners at masscptc.org) <massplanners at masscptc.org>
Subject: [Massplanners] Building Heights in Zoning Bylaw Assessment Consultant

Hello,
The Town of South Hadley is looking for any model RFPs for consultants, or consultant referrals, to do an assessment of building height requirements in our zoning code. The project deliverable is intended to include architectural schematics to illustrate building height standards.

A recent architectural assessment for a potential mixed use development brought to our attention that the maximum building height in our zoning code most likely creates low ceiling heights on the second and third floors thereby creating conditions that would be unmarketable. Increasing building height is extremely controversial so we are seeking an architectural assessment with illustrations for potential height increases.

We are also seeking to reevaluate top floor setback requirements. Similarly, we have been informed by a developer that such requirements significantly increase the cost of construction making the project unfeasible.

Any sample RFPs for similar projects would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Anne

--
Anne Capra, AICP
Director, Planning & Conservation

*Do not print this email unless necessary