[Massplanners] Brownfields - Municipal Assistance Program (Application deadline 12/14)

Foss, David (DEP) david.foss at state.ma.us
Fri Dec 2 15:55:22 EST 2022

MassPlanners,
I'm the [new] MassDEP Statewide Brownfields Coordinator.  One of my objectives it to share information about resources (technical assistance and funding) available to municipalities.

If your community has one or more brownfields sites that have been on the "back burner" and you believe assessment or redevelopment planning may be beneficial, please read on.

UConn is the EPA Technical Assistance for Brownfields (TAB) contractor for all the New England States.  This is a zero-cost program, with a simple application form (1-page, on-line, link follows).  The TAB team are fully funded by EPA to provide these services to municipalities.  They are very approachable and can address questions via phone or email as well.

TAB is hosting a webinar on 12/7 to review and discuss the program.  The due date for applying for the Municipal Assistance Program is:  12/14/2022.

https://tab.program.uconn.edu/2022/11/09/uconn-tab-spring-2023-rfp/#<https://tab.program.uconn.edu/2022/11/09/uconn-tab-spring-2023-rfp/>

The types of tasks that the TAB can provide include:

  *   Desktop study for specific brownfield site(s) including environmental site conditions and record review;
  *   Review previous site investigation reports and prepare summaries and data gap analysis for a brownfield site;
  *   Develop draft Scopes of Work and budget estimates for assessment at a brownfield site;
  *   Evaluate redevelopment options for priority sites;
  *   Create community-wide Brownfield inventories (detailed lists, GIS maps); and
  *   Prepare community engagement materials (website content, story map, infographic, etc.) for an area impacted by the presence of brownfields.

Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss a potential site or property.

  *   David

David Foss, CPG, LSP
Statewide Brownfields Coordinator
MassDEP | BWSC
David.Foss at Mass.Gov<mailto:David.Foss at Mass.Gov>
Mobile. 774-991-5996
100 Cambridge Street, Suite 900
Boston, MA 02114