[Massplanners] EV Parking places?

Schreiber, Gideon gschreiber at watertown-ma.gov
Mon Aug 22 09:31:39 EDT 2022

Watertown added this quite a while ago, so I think it is dated on the required number.  Also, stations can come in a pair so odd number requirements really don’t make much sense.  We also have been asking for more spaces to be charging station ready but have not formalized that in the Zoning Ordinance:

Residential and mixed-use developments required to provide 50 or more parking spaces per § 6.01(b) are required to provide a minimum of one parking space with an additional one parking space per 15 spaces, up to a maximum of three spaces, designated for a car sharing program. In all developments requiring more than 100 parking spaces per § 6.01(b), two electric vehicle charging stations shall be provided, with an additional one charging station per 50 additional parking spaces thereafter up to a maximum of five charging stations. These parking spaces shall be counted towards the total number required by § 6.01(b). These requirements may be met through an approved shared parking plan with an adjacent property per Special Permit.

Gideon Schreiber, AICP, Assistant Director of Planning
(617) 972-6417 press 1 then 3

When responding, please be aware that the Massachusetts Secretary of State has determined that most email is public record and therefore cannot be kept confidential.