[Massplanners] Planning and Workflow Software and Apps

Christopher Ryan cryan at duxbury-ma.gov
Wed Aug 17 10:41:08 EDT 2022

Hi all

>From time to time I think of possible digital tools that could be applicable to programs and projects. That time has come around again for us...so, would be grateful for any information shared about great old and new software you have used...such as:

  *   Project Management - Have you used complex or simple project management tools like MS Project or Zoho to manage projects with teams and/or multiple nested goals and actions?

  *   Flowcharting - I have used MS Visio and love it but it's too expensive. I don't like MS Office charting tools. Any good tools with drag and drop and magnetic connectors? How about creating sophisticated Gantt charts?

  *   Photoshop and Illustrator Alternatives - Has anyone used GIMP or Inkscape?

  *   Finally, any recommendations for a phone-based to-do list app that can integrate cross platform?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Christopher J. Ryan, AICP
Director of Planning
Town of Duxbury
878 Tremont Street
Duxbury, MA 02332
Email: cryan at duxbury-ma.gov<mailto:cryan at duxbury-ma.gov>
Phone: (781) 934-1100 ext. 5475

Disclaimer

When writing or responding, please remember that the Secretary of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts has determined that email is a public record. The information contained in this electronic communication is intended to be sent only to the stated recipient and may contain information that is CONFIDENTIAL, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure under the applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the intended recipient's agent, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of the information is strictly prohibited.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast, a leader in email security and cyber resilience. Mimecast integrates email defenses with brand protection, security awareness training, web security, compliance and other essential capabilities. Mimecast helps protect large and small organizations from malicious activity, human error and technology failure; and to lead the movement toward building a more resilient world. To find out more, visit our website.