[Massplanners] ANR Question

Kristina Johnson kjohnson at townofhudson.org
Wed Aug 10 15:55:13 EDT 2022

Hello Planning Friends and Colleagues,

Let's have another round of ANR discussions, shall we?!?!   It's our favorite listserv topic.

I am dealing with a  lot that has frontage on two roads. Both frontages do not currently conform to zoning. The property owner wants to ANR the property, and was given guidance that footage from the one side of the lot with the smallest frontage could be added to the frontage on other side of the lot to meet the requirements. Our zoning definition of frontage states:  linear extent of a lot measure to the street right of way from the intersection of one side lot line to the intersection of the other side lot line of the same lot."  This reads to me that frontage needs to be "contiguous" for the purposes of an ANR Plan, and that the lot in question would not be entitled to an ANR endorsement.  Below is nursey school level diagram of the lot in question.  Anyone care to weigh in?

[cid:image003.png at 01D8ACD1.92BB2430]

Kristina Johnson, AICP
Director of Planning & Community Development
Town of Hudson,  MA
President, Mass. Association of Planning Directors
Tel: 978-562-2989
Cell:  857-939-3427
Email: kjohnson at townofhudson.org<mailto:kjohnson at townofhudson.org>