[Massplanners] Consultants for flood zoning ordinance?

Tom Devine tdevine at Salem.com
Tue Apr 12 12:51:30 EDT 2022

Hello Planners,

Salem is considering amending its Flood Hazard Overlay District Special Permit Zoning Ordinance. I'm interested to hear which consultant firms have done this kind of work recently. If we proceed, I don't know yet what the scope could be. It might be a small cleanup and modernization of the ordinance. Or it could be substantially expanded based on projected climate change impacts.

Beals + Thomas did phenomenal work for our recent wetlands ordinance update, so the bar is set high. But I'm interested to know the options.

Best,
Tom

Tom Devine, AICP | Senior Planner
City of Salem Department of Planning & Community Development
98 Washington St., 2nd Floor | Salem, MA 01970
978-619-5685 | tdevine at salem.com<mailto:tdevine at salem.com>