[Massplanners] [External] Who you gonna call, with a zoning related question?

Dan Fortier dfortier at town.dennis.ma.us
Tue Apr 5 16:06:45 EDT 2022

Dennis verbiage not that much different:

1.3.1  Enforcement

The Building Commissioner shall administer and enforce the provisions of this By-Law.  No permit shall be issued for construction or for the change of use of any land or premises unless the required submitted plans and specifications indicate that buildings, structures, premises and their use will conform in all respects to the provisions of this By-Law.

Reality is, people come to me to ask questions, but the Building Commissioner and I work closely together so we will bounce things off of one another when there is any doubt about an answer. Probably the best way for it work in the real world, as opposed to the black and white of the by-law. Ultimately, if the Building Commissioner is appealed, we want to be on the same page going into that situation as I staff the Board of Appeals.

Daniel J. Fortier, AICP
Town Planner
Dennis Planning Department
685 Route 134